Welcome to our farmhouse-style bedroom decorating ideas! Farmhouse style is all about simplicity, comfort, and a touch of rustic charm. If you’re looking to create a cozy and inviting space that’s perfect for relaxing after a long day, then this post is just what you need. From incorporating weathered wood accents to vintage-inspired decor, we’ve rounded up 10 amazing ways to infuse farm-style flair into your bedroom décor. So grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and get ready to be inspired by some of the most beautiful farmhouse bedrooms out there!
What is Farmhouse Style?
Farmhouse style is a decorating style that emphasizes comfort and simplicity. It is often inspired by the countryside, with an emphasis on natural materials and earth tones. Furnishings are usually sturdy and functional, with an occasional antique or rustic touch. The overall look is cozy and inviting.
When it comes to decorating your bedroom in farmhouse style, there are a few key elements to keep in mind. First, focus on creating a cozy and welcoming space. Think about adding comfortable furnishings like a plush armchair or an upholstered headboard. Choose bedding in soft, natural fabrics like cotton or linen. Add warm accents throughout the room with throws and pillows in rich colors and textured fabrics. Don’t forget the details! Distressed wood finishes, vintage hardware, and pretty floral arrangements all add to the farmhouse feel.
Elements of a Farmhouse Bedroom
If you’re looking to bring a touch of country charm to your bedroom, consider incorporating some farmhouse style into your space. Farmhouse bedrooms typically feature rustic, natural elements that create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Here are some key ingredients for achieving the perfect farmhouse bedroom look:
Exposed wooden beams: Exposed wooden beams are a hallmark of the farmhouse style. If your bedroom has any exposed woodwork, consider accentuating it with some paint or stain to bring out its natural beauty.
whitewashed walls: Whitewashed walls give a bedroom a bright and airy feel. They also contribute to the overall rustic aesthetic of a farmhouse bedroom. Consider using white wash paint or even reclaimed wood paneling to achieve this look.
Natural fibers: Incorporate natural fibers into your farmhouse bedroom through fabrics and textiles. Use linen or cotton for bedding and window treatments. woollen throws and rugs also add warmth and texture to the space.
Vintage finds: Adding some well-worn vintage pieces to your decor is a great way to achieve that authentic farmhouse look. Shop for antique furniture, metal milk jugs, Mason jars, or anything else that adds character to the space.
Looking to add a rustic touch to your bedroom? Then consider using some farmhouse-style decor! This type of decor is perfect for creating a cozy and inviting space. Plus, it can be easily incorporated into any existing bedroom design.
To help get you started, here are some decorating ideas for farmhouse-style bedrooms:
1. Use neutrals and natural materials: one of the hallmarks of farmhouse style is its use of neutral colors and natural materials. So when decorating your farmhouse-style bedroom, opt for earth tones like browns, whites, and creams. And consider using materials like wood, stone, and linen in your design. This will help create a warm and welcoming space.
2. Incorporate vintage finds: another way to achieve that classic farmhouse look is to incorporate vintage finds into your decorating scheme. Try shopping at local flea markets or antique stores for unique pieces that will add character to your room.
3. Add greenery: fresh plants are always a welcome addition to any space, but they’re especially perfect for creating a farmhouse feel in your bedroom. Place a few potted plants near the window or bedside table for a pop of color and some extra oxygen at night.
4. Create cozy nooks: one of the best things about farmhouse style is that it’s all about creating cozy little nooks throughout the home. In the bedroom, this can
– Exposed Wood Beams
One of the most popular looks for farmhouse-style bedrooms is exposed wood beams. This rustic element adds character and charm to any space, and it’s easy to achieve with a few simple DIY tips.
If you have existing wooden beams in your bedroom, simply clean them off and whitewash or paint them to create a bright and airy look. If you don’t have beams, you can create faux ones using 2x4s or other lumber. Simply attach the lumber to your ceiling using joist hangers and then finish as desired.
Exposed wood beams are the perfect way to add a touch of rustic charm to your farmhouse bedroom. With a few simple DIY tips, you can easily achieve this look in your own home.
– Rustic Furniture
One of the best ways to achieve a farmhouse-style bedroom is to use rustic furniture. This type of furniture typically includes pieces made from natural materials like wood and stone. It can also include distressed finishes and hand-painted details.
When choosing rustic furniture for your bedroom, keep in mind the overall style you want to achieve. For a more traditional farmhouse look, go for pieces with simple lines and classic hardware. For a more modern take on the farmhouse style, look for rustic furniture with clean lines and industrial-inspired hardware.
Once you have your rustic furniture picked out, it’s time to accessorize. A few key items can really help bring your farmhouse bedroom to life. Try adding a quilt or throw blanket in a plaid or gingham pattern. Add some Mason jars filled with fresh flowers or greenery. And don’t forget the finishing touch: a cozy sheepskin rug beside the bed.
– White Bedding
If you want to give your bedroom a cozy farmhouse feel, start with the bedding. White bedding is classic for a reason: it looks good with everything and always feels fresh. Plus, it’s easy to find in any style you like. Whether you want crisp linen sheets or a soft quilt, there’s a white bedding option for you. Not sure where to start? We’ve gathered some of our favorite white bedding sets to help you get the farmhouse look.
– Floral Accents
When it comes to farmhouse-style bedrooms, one of the most popular ways to add a touch of country charm is with floral accents. From quilts and duvet covers adorned with pretty patterns to vases overflowing with fresh blooms, there are endless ways to incorporate flowers into your space. If you’re not sure where to start, take a cue from these beautiful bedrooms that expertly mix floral prints and arrangements with rustic details.
– Potted Plants
If you want to add a touch of nature to your farmhouse-style bedroom, potted plants are a great way to do it. There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing plants for your bedroom. First, make sure the plants you select are safe for pets and children. Second, choose plants that require low maintenance. And last, pick plants that will thrive in the type of light available in your bedroom. Some good choices for farmhouse-style bedrooms include snake plants, succulents, air plants, and peace lilies.
– Vintage Textiles
Farmhouse-style bedrooms are cozy, charming, and full of character. To achieve this look in your own bedroom, start by incorporating vintage textiles. Look for antique quilts, ticking stripe fabrics, or vintage wallpaper patterns. These pieces will add a touch of history to your space and give it a lived-in feel. For added warmth, layer rugs on the floor or hang them on the walls. And don’t forget to bring in some fresh flowers or greenery to complete the look.
– Iron Work & Lighting
There’s something about ironwork that gives a space an instant antique feel. It can be as simple as a few vintage-inspired light fixtures, or as dramatic as an old iron bed frame. Either way, it’s the perfect way to add a touch of farmhouse style to your bedroom.
If you really want to go all out, seek out some antique pieces at flea markets or thrift stores. But if you’re not quite ready to commit to that level of authenticity, there are plenty of new pieces on the market that will give you the same look. Just make sure to look for ones with a bit of wear and tear for that truly timeless feel.
– Distressed Woods & Metals
Farmhouse-style bedrooms are all about rustic, distressed woods and metals. This look is perfect for those who want a cozy, inviting space that feels like a home away from home. To achieve this look, start with distressed wood furniture and then add metal accents. Distressed wood can be achieved by sanding down the paint or finish to reveal the natural wood grain beneath. For an extra touch of rusticity, try incorporating metal elements such as wrought iron beds or lamps with exposed bulbs.
– Antique Furniture
One of the best ways to add a touch of farmhouse style to your bedroom is with antiques. Antique furniture, particularly pieces that are well-worn and have a patina, can give your bedroom an instantly cozy and lived-in feel. If you don’t have any antiques in your home, try shopping at local flea markets or antique stores. You can also find many beautiful antique pieces online.
In addition to furniture, there are many other ways to incorporate antiques into your farmhouse bedroom decor. One option is to hang an old quilt or blanket on a wall as art. Another is to display vintage plates on a plate rack or in a hutch. There are endless possibilities for using antiques to give your bedroom farmhouse charm!
– Barn Doors and Sliding Doors
There’s something about barn doors and sliding doors that just scream “farmhouse.” Maybe it’s the rustic appeal or the way they add a touch of charm to any space. Whatever the reason, these types of doors are perfect for farmhouse-style bedrooms. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Hang a barn door in place of a traditional bedroom door. This will give your room an instant farmhouse feel.
2. Use sliding doors to divide your room into separate sections. This is especially helpful if you have a large bedroom or want to create a cozy reading nook.
3. Get creative with your hardware! Barn door hardware can be both functional and stylish, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different looks.
4. Add a touch of whimsy by painting your barn door or sliding door in a fun color. This is an easy way to add personality to your space without going overboard.
5. Don’t forget the finishing touches! Throw some cozy blankets and pillows around your room, and you’ll have the perfect farmhouse bedroom in no time.
When it comes to decorating bedrooms in a farmhouse style, there are many different ways to go about it. No matter what your personal taste is, there are sure to be some great ideas out there for you. To get started, take a look at these five great ideas for decorating farmhouse-style bedrooms:
1. Start with the bed. The bed is the centerpiece of any bedroom, so make sure it fits in with your overall farmhouse theme. A rustic wooden bed frame or a wrought iron bed frame would both be perfect choices for a farmhouse-styled bedroom.
2. Add some old-fashioned charm with quilts. Quilts are a must-have in any farmhouse-styled bedroom. They add warmth and character to the room and can be used as either decoration or actual bedding. Choose quilts in classic patterns and colors for the best effect.
3. Incorporate natural elements. A big part of the farmhouse style is using natural materials and elements in your decorating scheme. Try using baskets made of straw or wicker to store things like extra blankets or pillows. Use burlap fabric to make curtains or tablecloths. And don’t forget to bring in some fresh flowers or plants to really give the room a down-home feel.
4. Create a cozy reading nook. What’s a bedroom without a cozy reading nook? Pick out a corner of the room and
This post contains affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure here.