The summer can be a stressful time for homeowners. Between the bugs and the heat, it’s hard to focus on anything but keeping your home in good condition. What better way to relax than by doing something useful around the house? That’s why we’ve chosen our top five interior design ideas for creating an expressive exterior look for your home this summer!
- Install a front porch
- Paint your front door yellow
- Add some greenery by planting flowers or
- hanging baskets from your deck railing
- Enhance your back porch with potted plants and cushions
- Install a new fence or add one as you can afford if desired
A fresh coat of paint.
When choosing the right color for your home, consider the style of furniture in your bedroom. If you have a black leather sofa and matching ottoman, it might look better with a subtle shade of blue than if you have an expensive red couch and matching loveseat.
A fresh coat of paint can also give new life to old woodwork or doors that have been neglected over time. It’s important not to spray on too much though; otherwise, it will make everything look even darker than before! For best results: wipe down surfaces before painting them (especially around windows), use only low-VOC paints so as not to irritate indoor air quality for everyone who lives inside this space—and remember how much fun it was when we were kids? Just think about all those summer days spent playing outside under sunny skies.
Replace your door hardware. If you are looking for a new look that is both functional and decorative, then replacing the existing hardware is a great place to start. You can go old school or modern—it’s all about what feels right for your home. Replace your cabinet hardware. Replacing the knobs on cabinets will not only give them a more finished look but also make it easier for you to open up drawers without having to use an extra hand! If there’s one thing we know about being busy moms who like their kitchens clean and organized, it’s that we don’t have time for cumbersome tasks like opening drawers with our feet! Replace drawer pulls or handles if necessary (i.e., if they are worn out). This step may seem obvious but many homeowners fail at this step because they assume all they need to do is replace their pull/handle set with one from IKEA which often doesn’t fit properly causing frustration when trying to install them into place before realizing their was something wrong.
A New Recessed or Entryway Door
- Replace your door hardware. If you are looking for a new look that is both functional and decorative, then replacing the existing hardware is a great place to start. You can go old school or modern—it’s all about what feels right for your home.
- Replace your cabinet hardware. Replacing the knobs on cabinets will not only give them a more finished look but also make it easier for you to open up drawers without having to use an extra hand! If there’s one thing we know about being busy moms who like their kitchens clean and organized, it’s that we don’t have time for cumbersome tasks like opening drawers with our feet!
- Replace drawer pulls or handles if necessary (i.e., if they are worn out). This step may seem obvious but many homeowners fail at this step because they assume all they need do is replace their pull/handle set with one from IKEA which often doesn’t fit properly causing frustration when trying to install them into place before realizing there was something wrong
If you want to make your home look more modern, a recessed or entryway door is a great way to do it. It can also be used as an entrance to a basement or garage.
A new recessed or entryway door is easy to install and adds flair to any exterior home design.
Change up your shutters
- You can find a lot of different styles and colors.
- Add shutters to your home to make it look more modern, or just for the fun of it! You can find shutters at home improvement stores or online. If you are going to paint your shutters, make sure you prime them first so that they don’t chip off later on down the line when you try to repaint them (or even without repainting).
Give your roof a facelift
If your roof has seen better days, it’s time to give it a facelift. Here are some ways you can spruce up your roof:
- Replace roof tiles.
- Replace roof shingles.
- Replace flashing around windows and doors (also called “crown moulding”).
This is the material that covers the top of a window frame and around door jambs, soffits, and other areas where there’s a seam between two pieces of wood on the wall surface above them; it also helps keep water out by keeping rainwater off the walls below it by collecting and holding onto any moisture present in these areas before letting it run down into gutters or drains below them where they converge into larger pipes which carry away this excess liquid produced by drainage systems like those found at your house!
Update your home’s siding
Siding is the exterior covering of your home. It can be made of wood, vinyl, or aluminium. The siding is installed on the outside of your home and protects from moisture and weather damage.
Siding comes in many different colours, styles, and materials that match your home’s style. You can choose from smooth or textured surfaces to match any type of builder’s touch you have chosen for your home makeover project!
Inexpensive window replacement
If you’re looking for the most affordable way to upgrade your home, window replacement is a great option. Window replacement can be done yourself or with help from a professional contractor.
Vinyl windows are one of the best options for replacing old windows because they are easy to install and maintain, as well as being durable enough to last decades without needing any maintenance at all (assuming they haven’t been damaged). They also come in many different styles that provide optimal light transmission and ventilation depending on where you live in terms of weather conditions and what type of home needs more or less protection from the elements.
Energy-efficient double-hung sash windows allow homeowners who have high ceilings but small rooms an opportunity to create bigger rooms by opening up their existing space into two smaller ones instead of just having them stick out like bananas after being peeled off their stems – which would look rather weird if not done properly! However this also means there will probably be some extra work involved since installing double-hung sash windows requires removing existing ones first before installing new ones onto new walls, so if this sounds like too much hassle then just stick with single-hung instead since those are easier than ever since nowadays almost everything has become computerized these days.
Adding stone veneer around the base
Stone veneer is a great way to add a touch of elegance, class, and style to your home. It is a relatively simple process that requires only minor skills and equipment. The stone veneer can be installed by either an experienced craftsman or DIYer, depending on how much time you want to spend on the project.
If you’re interested in adding stone veneer around the base of your home (or elsewhere), make sure what kind of material will be used for this purpose before beginning any work at all! There are many different kinds available; however, some things must be considered before making decisions about which one might work best with whatever materials are already present within these spaces:
Size & colour/pattern – Make sure whatever type(s) is chosen fits within existing space constraints without causing problems such as jamming up against walls, etc…
You can do a lot with a little to make your home exterior look great without spending a fortune
There are a lot of ways to make your home exterior look great without spending a fortune. For example, you can do it by painting the walls in your home, adding new window treatments, or even buying new furniture.
There are many tools that you can use to get started on this project such as:
- Paintbrushes and paint buckets (for painting)
- Paint rollers (to clean up the surface after applying paint)
- Roller covers (to protect your roller heads from damage)
These are just a few of the ways to make your home exterior look great without spending a fortune. If you want to get creative with your design, there are endless possibilities and it’s never too late to start!
Note: Images Source From Unsplash
This post contains affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.Read the full disclosure here.