If you have a small balcony, it can feel like the room is missing something. You might have a cute table in front of your balcony door, or maybe you have built-in seating or even a bench for when you’re sitting on your balcony to enjoy the views. The best thing about adding these features to your balcony is that they don’t take up much space and add more fun than boring furniture. Here are some ideas for decorating your small balcony
Add a small table
A small table is a great way to add storage and display space to your balcony. You can use it for eating, working, displaying plants, or even as a shelf.
It’s also perfect for storing things like cups or water bottles. If you’re planning on using this as an outdoor coffee table or TV stand, then consider adding some cushions so that guests can sit comfortably while enjoying their drinks.
Built-in seating is another great way to add extra seating to your balcony. Whether it’s a simple bench or a custom-built corner sofa, built-in seating can be made of wood, metal, plastic, and other materials.
The key is to think about the space you have available and what kind of function you want it for. If your balcony has limited space then consider using an under-the-counter table with drawers underneath instead of creating more work by storing items on top of the table itself.
Decorate the walls of your small balcony
- Use a paint color that is bright, cheery, and cheerful.
- Use a paint color that is calming, soothing, and relaxing.
- Use a paint color that is neutral.
- Use a dark and dramatic color for the wall of your small balcony.
- Opt for an airy shade of blue for your small balcony decorating project! Or maybe you’d like to go bold with orange?
Use comfortable small balcony furniture with storage functions
- Use a storage ottoman.
- Use a storage bench.
- Use a storage coffee table with drawers for magazines, books, and other items that you need quick access to but don’t want to dig through the main room for them (or have them sitting on your floor). This is especially useful if you have kids who love reading!
- Create an extra dining space by adding a round dining table with chairs or even just one chair if space allows it – this will help keep everyone entertained while eating together as well as provide additional seating when guests come over for dinner parties or potlucks! “Add storage underneath so that things like glasses are kept out of sight when not in use but still within reach when needed.”
Planters on the balcony
A balcony is a great place to bring in plants. You can use planters to add some color and style to your balcony and make it more comfortable, as well as add some privacy. There are many types of plants that work well for balconies, including flowers, herbs, and vegetables. You can also use planters for storage or even add a tabletop if you want something substantial on top of them.
Add a huge rug
You can add a huge rug to the space to make it feel more comfortable and cozy. A large rug will also help to add color and texture to your small balcony, which can be quite dull when you’re just trying to enjoy some fresh air. If you have an outdoor furniture set that includes chairs, consider adding one of these rugs as well!
Rugs are great for making spaces feel private as well especially if there isn’t much room inside your home where people can sit comfortably without feeling crowded by each other or their furniture.
Lights are an easy way to add ambiance and drama to your balcony. If you’re looking for a romantic atmosphere, lighting up your space with candles or LED bulbs will create a great mood. If you want something more casual, consider using lights that can be dimmed or turned off so as not to interfere with anyone’s sleep.
Add flower pots or flower baskets
Adding flowers to your balcony can provide a relaxing, low-maintenance way to add color and beauty. Flowers will continue to bloom all summer long, so you’ll never have to worry about buying replacements or finding ways to keep them alive through the winter months.
There are many different types of flowers that work well for balconies, but it’s important that you choose ones that require little maintenance besides watering them occasionally. Choose flowers in different heights and colors so they don’t look similar when grouped together at eye level; also consider using different scents or textures on each flower pot or basket instead of simply sticking with one type throughout your space.
Balcony Photo Booth
- Use a tripod and set it up on the balcony. This will ensure that you get sharp images and don’t have any blur from the hand holding the camera.
- Choose an angle that captures all of the space, but doesn’t include any furniture or other objects like plants. You can do this by adjusting your wide-angle lens or by moving around until you find one that works well for what you’re trying to do. Another way is simply snapping multiple photos at different angles so that when they’re put together they provide an interesting composition.
Balcony photo gallery
A photo gallery is a great way to showcase the photos you’ve taken on your balcony. You can put up a few frames and mount them on the walls of your balcony, which will give it that personal touch.
Small spaces can be a challenge, but with some creativity and ingenuity, you can make your balcony the envy of all your friends. Whether you’re looking for ways to add storage or seating options or want to create a space that looks like it belongs in a magazine photo shoot, there are plenty of ideas out there for how to transform your small balcony into something unique. Just remember that these projects aren’t just about aesthetics; they should serve their purpose as well.
This post contains affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read the full disclosure here.